Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Most Ingenious Paradox


I’ve always considered writer’s block to be an immovable object in a person’s mindscape, which brings forth the usual question: what does happen when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? While it would probably make for a pretty interesting mental battle and a heated physics debate, all it means to me is that I’m going through a pretty nasty writing dry spell. The immovable object is winning, if only because I’m not quite the unstoppable force that I wish that I would be. I’m so irritated that I’m using a paradox as a personal analogy, which is kind of pathetic. All this nonsense aside, my health has been iffy lately, and it has been affecting my ability to write. I’m working my way through this massive writer’s block the old fashioned way: sulking and blaming everything under the sun while getting absolutely nothing worthwhile done. If this doesn’t work (shocker of shockers) I’ll try a different approach in order to get this blog up and moving again. I intend to continue writing, I just need a bit of time to clean up this mental tangle I’m in. Please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment